If you are, you will need a NIE number, this is the Spanish Equivalent of an UK national security number.

Just how to go about getting one keeps changing. Now, good news, It seems that you don’t  need to use the services of a lawyer in Spain!  NIE numbers can be issued at a police station in the locality of where you will be working.  To issue you with a NIE number, the police authorities require a copy of the employment contract together with a full copy of your passport certified as a true copy by a notary. Contact us – we can help.