Country legalisation guide

For more information on individual country requirements and current consulate fees, check our Country Requirements List

Flag of  QA

Legalisation for Qatar




Arab-British Chamber of Commerce (Commercial documents only)

Consular Legalisation

£23.00 (Personal documents)
£35.00 (Commercial documents)
5-10 working days
Monday and Thursday
10:00 – 13:00
1 South Audley Street, London, W1K 1NB
0207 493 2200

Legalising documents for Qatar

Any document issued in the UK to be used in Qatar will need to be legalised by the Embassy of the State of Qatar in London. Before the document is submitted to the embassy it will need to be apostilled by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). Commercial documents will need to be stamped by the Arab-British Chamber of Commerce (ABCC) after they have been apostilled. Most documents will also need to be notarised first.

The embassy charges different fees for personal and commercial documents. Each document must have its own apostille, and multiple documents cannot be bundled under a notarial certificate.

All Higher Education and Further Education certificates submitted to the embassy must be supported by a covering letter and an academic transcript.

The covering letter must include the following information:

  • location of studies;
  • location of examinations;
  • start and end dates of studies;
  • the mode of studies – full-time or part-time;
  • the format of studies – distance learning (E-learning) or face to face (on-site learning).

The academic transcript must have the following information:

  • all the modules or subjects studied in each year;
  • the marks or grades achieved for each module;
  • the credit value and level of each module.

The following do not require a transcript or covering letter –

  • College certificates or diplomas;
  • Further Education certificates including A-Level, BTECH, NVQ, HNC, HND, Level 1-3;
  • Secondary Education certificates include GCSE;
  • Primary School certificates.

The embassy will not legalise any educational certificate or document obtained via distance learning or online learning, with the exception of post-graduate MSc and PhD degrees.

For Bachelor degrees, the embassy will require proof of the student’s UK student residence permit. This can be:

  • A copy of the student’s T4 visa. Its validity should cover the same period of study; or
  • A copy of the student’s UK/EU passport.

The embassy will not legalise documents issued outside of the UK, except for in certain situations:

  1. Documents issued in Iceland and the Republic of Ireland must be certified and apostilled from their respective Ministries of Foreign Affairs;
  2. Documents issued in a British Overseas Territory must be certified and apostilled by the governor of their territory, and apostilled by the FCDO in the UK;
  3. Documents issued in Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man must be certified and apostilled by the governor of their territory only;

At present, documents can only be submitted to the embassy via post.

Get in touch

Attach a file

Allowed file formats are .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .pdf, .doc, .docx
(max. file size is 2mb)