To obtain an apostille, you will need to submit your birth certificate to the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) Legalisation Office.
There are two Legalisation Office counters – one in London (Premium Service) and one in Milton Keynes (Standard Service). We offer a premium same-day apostille service for urgent matters and standard 3-5 working day apostille service if you are not in a rush.
Notary.co.uk can assist you with our fast and cost-effective services and walk you through every step of the process:
- Firstly, if you are intending on certifying a foreign birth certificate, a Notary public will need to notarise the document before the apostille. A notary will witness your signature and will add their signature to certify the document as being authentic. Our highly trained team of notary publics can assist you with notarising the document.
- If you have a UK-issued birth certificate, it won’t need to be notarised and can be apostilled directly from the FCDO.
- After completing the Client Registration Form, you will need to provide us with the original birth certificate.
- We will then have the document notarised if required, otherwise, we will proceed to apostille the document on either our Premium or Standard service.
- Once this has been completed, we will share a PDF scan of the document. You can then collect it from our office, we can post it to a UK address via Royal Mail Special Delivery or we can courier the document internationally via DHL.
If you intend to use your birth certificate in another country that is not a member of the Hague Convention, then you may need consular legalisation for your birth certificate. Find out more information about individual countries on our Country Requirements List.
If you need your birth certificate notarised or issued with an apostille or consular legalisation, we’ll handle all the steps for you.