To obtain an apostille, you will need to submit your diploma or degree certificate to the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) Legalisation Office.
There are two Legalisation Office counters in London (Premium Service) and Milton Keynes (Standard Service). We offer a premium same-day apostille service for urgent matters and a standard 3-5 working day apostille service if you are not in a rush.
Notary.co.uk can assist you with our fast and cost-effective services while walking you through every step of the process:
- You will need to complete our Client Registration Form to register as a client and provide forms of identification.
- We will need to be provided with the original diploma or degree certificate from the awarding institution. We will typically make a copy of the original document and notarise a copy. We can also notarise the original document itself. To notarise the original document, we will need to contact the university to verify that they have, in fact, issued the said certificate. The university may ask for a small fee for this verification.
You will also need to complete a consent form to allow the Notary.co.uk team to contact the university.
- If your diploma or degree certificate was only issued electronically we will need to verify the source of the document. This may involve you demonstrating where you log in to download the document, or forwarding any emails from the university attaching the document.
- We will then have the document certified and apostilled at either of the available FCDO locations.
- Once this has been completed, we will email a PDF scan of the apostilled document and return the document to you.
If you intend to use your diploma or degree certificate in another country that is not a member of the Hague Convention, then you may need consular legalisation for your certificate. This is required for countries such as China, Qatar, the UAE and Vietnam. Find out more information about individual countries on our Country Requirements List.